The Child Nutrition Act established the Fresh Fruits and Vegetable Program (PFVF) in 2008 to increase the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables and combat the problem of childhood obesity. (FFVP)
7 CFR 210.19
Who can sponsor this program?
Schools are eligible to participate:
- Participants of the School Lunch Program
- Elementary level
- Where 50% or more of the children are eligible for free or reduced-price meals
What services can a sponsor offer?
- A snack during school hours.
What are the requirements to sponsor the Program?
- Submit application
- Complete the collaboration agreement
- Complete Agreement with the for State Agency, Food and Nutrition Services